West Developing Program
West Developing Program
Lauched in 2014, the West Developing Program (POD) is a territorial governance that seeks to promote the sustainable development of the western region of Paraná – region that covers 54 municipalities – through the synergy of the institutions and the integration of initiatives, projects and actions. The POD establishes strategies for the development of the region, in an organized and participatory way. Its focus of acting is on the incentive and proposition of actions capable of increasing the competitiveness in the territory.
Through the Program, technical studies are carried out for the productive chain of fish, milk, chicken, swine and grains; and of the structuring axes of infrastructure and logistics; energies, environment and regional innovation system.
Since its launching, 63 institutions have adhered formally to the POD and more than 500 mobilizations were performed in the meetings of the technical chambers and work groups. The intervention of the productive chains and structuring axes generated the mobilization and the engagement of the public institutions and of the productive sector, which, in 2016, resulted in the main actions:
- Meeting of Agricultural and Livestock Health, involving 150 participants, which resulted in a work plan for conquering the status of “Free from foot-and-mouth disease without vaccination”.
- Census of the Agricultural Departments of the Western Region, in which was gathered information about the structure, politics and actions of the departments; and identified possibilities of joint actions.
- Society mobilization against the renewal without bidding for toll concessions in Paraná.
- Articulation for the enlargement of the credit line of the National Program to Strengthen Family Agriculture (Pronaf) for fish farming, which increased from R$100 thousand to R$250 thousand for defrayal, and from R$150 thousand to R$330 thousand for investment. With greater credit, the producers will be able to expand and improve their structures.
- Holding of the Seminar of the Territorial Observatory, involving 23 participants, which presented theoretical and methodological perspectives along with analysis of relevant information to compose the structure of the Territorial Observatory of POD.
- Elaboration of the 2nd edition of the West Regional Conjuncture Bulletin, in which were analyzed data regarding the number of formal jobs and companies, distributed by economic sectors, in the cities that compose the west region, in the period between the years 2005 and 2015.
- Legal forwarding that resulted in the publication of the Ordinance No. 216, of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA), about the destination of dead animals and that institutes a Work Group to discuss and present proposals to regulate the collect, processing and destination of dead animals in the rural area.
- Structuring of the 2nd edition of the “Basic manual for the production of tilapia in excavated tanks”, aimed at producers and technicians who provide technical assistance in the region.
- Holding of two editions of the Economic Development Forum of the Western Territory of Paraná, involving 567 participants.
Get to know more about the program clicking here.
PTI Foundation, Itaipu, International Center for Renewable Energies – Biogas (Cibiogás), Association of Municipalities of the West of Paraná (Amop), Bioplan Biogas, Master Solar Energy, Technology Institute of Paraná (Tecpar), Leão Energia Industry of Generators, Institute of Technological Development and Research of Paraná (Idetep), Federal University of Paraná (UFPR – Palotina), Federal Technological University of Paraná (UTFPR), UTFPR Campus Santa Helena, UTFPR Campus Medianeira, Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná (PUC – Toledo), Business and Commercial Association of Toledo (Acit), Technological Center of Assis Gurgacz College (TECFAG), State University of Western Paraná (Unioeste) campus Rondon and campus Toledo, City of Toledo, Agricultural Defense Agency of Paraná (Adapar), Regional Center of Rural Trade Unions of Paraná, Aquaculture Tupi, C. Vale Agroindustrial Cooperative, Agroindustrial Cooperative Copagril, Coopavel Agroindustrial Cooperative, Lar Agroindustrial Cooperative, Institute of Technical Assistance and Rural Extension of Paraná (Emater), Federation of Agriculture of the State of Paraná (FAEP), Agronomic Institute of Paraná (Iapar), Aplemat, Via Lácteos Transports, Pisces Fish Farming Agroindustrial Cooperative (Copisces), State Secretariat for Agriculture and Food Supply / SEAB, City Hall of Ubiratã, City Hall of Quedas do Iguaçu, Frimesa Central Cooperative, Copacol – Consolata Agroindustrial Cooperative, Primato Agroindustrial Cooperative, Sardella Slaughterhouse, Apaqui, Palotina Dairy Products, International Union of the Americas (Uniamerica), Adetur Cataratas e Caminhos, Iguaçu International Pole Institute, Association of Chambers and Councilors of Western Paraná (Acamop), Development Council of Municipalities Surrounding the Itaipu Lake, Caciopar, Department of Agriculture of Jesuits, City Hall of Tupãssi, Department of Agriculture and Environment of Diamante D'Oeste, Secretariat of Agriculture and Environmental Management of Palotina, LactoBom – Industry and Commerce of Milk Products Bombardelli, City of Céu Azul, State Secretariat of Agriculture and Supply – Regional Nucleus of Toledo, Friella – Slaughterhouse São Miguel, Globoaves Group, BRF Brasil Foods – Toledo, JCI Assis Chateaubriand, JCI Cascavel, Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (Embrapa), Environmental Institute of Paraná (IAP), Fundetec, Brazilian Service of Support to Micro and Small Companies (Sebrae).
Institutions that signed the term of adhesion of the West Program in Development